Twitter

Sunday, April 29, 2007

10 most common passwords

I was frustrated with my little Lexmark printer for a while today. First, I can't print to it from my desktop (which I finally fixed it by re-installing the driver). Secondly, I totally forgot the PIN I set for its security. I tried everything I can think of for a 4-digit numeric PIN and realized how creative I must have been when setting it up and how lack of imagination I am now. I don't know whether anyone has done some survey on how many passwords (for different purposes) we were asked in a day, a week or a month. I bet the number won't be small.

Below is the 10 most common passwords published in PC magazine on April 18, 2007. I guess I should just be happy that I am not using any of them.
  1. password
  2. 123456
  3. qwerty (look at your keyboard. and I wonder why there is not a right-hand version)
  4. abc123
  5. letmein
  6. monkey
  7. myspace1
  8. password1
  9. link182
  10. (your first name)

No comments: